The Reconstruction Research Axis deals with the development of novel methodologies for tomographic reconstruction in PET and CT. The objectives of this research are:
- To develop models that can use the maximum amount of data available
- To derive image reconstruction methodologies for these models.
Multi-Spectral CT Reconstruction
- Direct reconstruction of material decomposition images from raw multi-spectral CT data
- CBCT image quality optimisation of CBCT images for radiotherapy and dosimetry
- New reconstruction algorithms for PET
- Dynamic imaging
- 3-γ image reconstruction.
- Scatter estimation
- Direct image reconstruction from projection data
- Position estimation in detectors.
Our group is also the main contributor of the CASToR project.